Everything You Need to Know About
Denture Implants in Chandler
A healthy smile can communicate more than just your mood. Smiling puts people at ease and radiates sociability, particularly when you have good oral hygiene. But, not every aspect of our smile is entirely in our control. And if you are missing teeth, finding a solution that allows you to eat and speak naturally can be challenging to say the least. At Mark Arooni DDS Dental Care, we offer implant-supported dentures as a permanent option for replacing your teeth, ultimately giving you back the smile you deserve.
What are denture implants?
Most people are familiar with standard dentures that rest on the gums and can be easily put into and removed from the mouth. But, for patients who would rather not deal with constantly taking out their dentures to clean and adjust them, you can opt for fixed denture implants. With an implant-supported denture, a series of titanium supports are surgically inserted into your jaw and are meant to hold the dentures in place inside your mouth.
Traditionally, dentures could only be implanted in the mouth via certain adhesives or creams. But, even with these methods, the dentures can still easily shift and become loose. At Mark Arooni DDS Dental Care, we utilize the most up-to-date technology of permanently attaching dentures to dental implants to ensure a more snug and secure fit.
Types of denture implants in Chandler
- Bar-retained dentures —This type of implant involves a thin metal bar conforming to the shape of your jaw, which is then attached to five implants that have been placed in your jawbone. From there, small attachments are built-in to the bar, the denture, or both.
- Ball-retained dentures — In this case, each implant in the jawbone is connected to a metal attachment that fits into another attachment on the denture itself.
Benefits of denture implants
There are numerous reasons why denture implants have more advantages than conventional dentures:
- You’ll have the ability to chew food and speak clearly without having to worry about your dentures sliding or falling out.
- You’ll be able to clean fixed implant dentures the same way you would your normal teeth. You would not need to worry about denture cups or dissolvable cleaning tablets.
- Your denture implants will feel and operate just like a normal set of teeth.
Denture implant aftercare
The manner in which you care for your mouth can make or break the success of the surgery. Following the denture implant procedure, your jaw may be extremely sensitive and sore. To avoid complications, it is advised that you don’t touch or put pressure on any surgically treated areas. Be sure to brush your teeth gently and rinse your mouth with salt water two to three times within the first 24 hours of your procedure. Strenuous exercise during this time is also highly discouraged.
Schedule a consultation with us today!
Hopefully, this information has been helpful in facilitating your decision to upgrade your smile. With Mark Arooni DDS Dental Care, rest assured that you’re in good hands. Our team of professionals will deliver unmatched service and affordable care. After all, we believe that your smile should do more than just look good. It should be a visual representation of your self-confidence. So, be sure to contact us online or call 480-855-1200 to schedule your appointment today!