Correcting Smile Imperfections With
Composite Bonding in Chandler
Composite resin used for tooth-colored fillings can restore teeth for different purposes, both cosmetic and restorative. Correcting minor flaws in your smile with composite resin material is affordable and less invasive than some other procedures. Top Chandler Dentist explains that the process of using composite resin to accomplish a smile makeover is referred to as bonding.
Bonding can correct the following:
- Chipped teeth
- Severe staining
- Gaps between teeth
- Uneven teeth shape
Contact our Chandler, AZ dental office Mark Arooni DDS to learn more about bonding and composite resin shade-matching. Call (480) 855-1200 to schedule an appointment.
Smile Adjustments Made Possible Through Composite Bonding in Chandler
If any of the scenarios below apply to you, you could benefit from bonding treatment.
- I have slightly chipped front teeth from a bad accident that I never got repaired.
- If just your front teeth need restoration, bonding is a great option to a correct the chipping and prevent further weakening. The composite resin material can be matched to the shade of the surrounding teeth.
- One of my teeth is somewhat broken from an incident with a particularly hard piece of candy.
- Bonding material can correct the break and restore the slightly broken tooth. More extensively broken teeth will require a different kind of treatment, however.
- Whitening my teeth does not work because the stains are caused by my medication.
- Composite resin material can be mixed to the shade that you choose and bonded to the front of your teeth; if you’re concerned that your smile will appear unnatural after the bonding procedure, be sure to discuss this with Dr. Arooni so that he can help you choose the shade with which you are most comfortable and confident.
- My front teeth are shaped oddly, but I do not want or need orthodontic care.
- The shape of your teeth, whether they have slightly jagged edges or small gaps in-between them, can be corrected with composite resin bonding. After the material is bonded to your teeth, Dr. Arooni of Mark Arooni DDS will shape and polish them to the appearance you want.
Composite Bonding Material
Made of a plastic and glass mixture, composite resin can be mixed to match the shade of one’s natural teeth, or a chosen shade for a tooth whitening alternative that doesn’t involve bleaching gels. Composite bonding material will need maintenance and potentially replacement. Most bonding lasts for between five and seven years.
Bonding takes only one appointment, compared to multiple visits for treatments like porcelain veneers.
During the procedure, Dr. Arooni and assisting team members at Mark Arooni DDS in Chandler will:
- Clean and prepare the teeth
- Roughen the surfaces of the teeth to prepare them for bonding
- Apply a bonding agent
- Add the composite resin material
- Cure the material with a special light
- Smooth and polish the bonded teeth
Usually, patients will not need anesthesia during dental bonding because the procedure will not reach any nerves. For composite resin fillings, the dentist will numb the area if the tooth being treated needs drilling.
Patients will require little to no recovery time after dental bonding. Aftercare involves caution when biting down on hard foods and avoiding chewing ice, which is generally bad for natural teeth, but can cause cracking for teeth that have undergone bonding.
Benefits of Bonding
Bonding helps you achieve the smile that you want, with little time commitment and an investment that provides you with a brighter, whiter, and straighter smile. Dr. Arooni of Mark Arooni DDS has years of experience in cosmetic dentistry and will be glad to help you achieve your smile goals. Call our Chandler, AZ dental office at (480) 855-1200 to schedule a consultation appointment today.